Soil moisture management.
Humic acid is a highly concentrated form of the most active part of soil humus (carbon). It is extremely cost-effective from only a few dollars per ha.
Humic acid improves drought resistance by:
- Improving moisture holding capacity of soils.
- Improving soil structure like no other input can.
- Working at the cellular level.
- Increasing the water content of leaves.
Super Kelp improves root growth and resilience during dry periods
Kelp improves drought tolerance by:
- Enhanced water uptake by the plant as a direct result of increased root growth.
- Stimulating changes in the plant’s metabolic pathways, allowing roots access to moisture not normally available to plants.
- Cytokinins in kelp slowing the rate of the plant’s degradation processes.
- Cytokinins & betaines in kelp increasing turgidity of cell walls ie water less likely to flow our of cells.
- Increasing chlorophyll ie improving photosynthesis.
- Improving the moisture-holding capacity.
- Enhancing potassium uptake which also induces heat tolerance.
Read pdf below for more detailed explanation.